Thursday, January 19, 2012

How To Make A Manicure Last Longer

I hate when I get my nails done or I paint them myself and they look great... for a day.  Let's face it, nail polish tends to chip.  To make a manicure last longer you can try these tips:


If you get a manicure, apply a coat of clear nail polish every few days, as this will keep nails shiny and prevent chipping.  

If you paint your nails yourself, file you nails so they are smooth on the ends.  This helps to prevent them from breaking or getting caught on things.  Buff your nails, it will make your nails much smoother.  Apply a base coat or a layer of clear nail polish.  This makes polish go on much smoother as the nail color isn't getting caught in ridges.   Allow for it to dry and then apply two coats of the color of your choice.  Applying two coats ensures that the nail polish goes on evenly.  Then apply your top coat.  I really like OPI, China Glaze, and Sally Hanson.  Even if I use a cheap nail polish for my color, I always try to use a really good top coat, after all this is what is going to keep your nail polish in place.  Top coats also make your nails shiny, so they look like they are professionally done.  Reapply your top coat every few days to maintain great looking polish for a week or more!


1 comment:

  1. Allow for it to dry and then apply two coats of the color of your choice. Applying two coats ensures that the nail polish goes on evenly.

    ReplyDelete